Monday, March 15, 2010

Culverts are Coming

We think at least.  Not sure who is installing them or what exactly is going on, but right now there are freshly dug culverts from the highway to the lagoon on the other side of the road and on our side they are about 1/2 way there.  Haven't made it to our house, but it looks promising.  I never really understood what purpose the culverts served, but since they got filled in after the hurricane and we had such bad flooding at the front of the subdivision, I think I see why they are important!  Here is a pic of the progress on the other side of the street
Another notable thing in the pic - the house in the middle there that is under construction is the yellow house that hadn't been touched since the storm and looked like the front part of the roof was about to fall off.  Not sure the story, but we are excited to see them rebuilding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment